Wearables. Sensors. Cloud. Oh the possibilities!
EMITTI is all about involvement, inspiration, and integration. We hope you are too. In case you haven't figured it out, EMITTI does cloud, mobile, wearables, and Internet of Things. We are currently hunting for a remote backend engineer. Our ideal person has the passion and commitment to create incredible products while continually thinking "outside of the box." You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
Technical skills utilized: Java, AWS, Linux, Angular, Git, SQL
Required Skills Include:
- 3-5 years of experience developing cloud solutions using AWS (or similar), including setting up web servers, databases, and restful APIs.
- Experience using source code control systems, such as Git.
- Experiences using Java IDE, such as Eclipse, NetBeans or IntelliJ
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (Some flexibility if you are pretty amazing and you have an equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.)
- 2+ years of experience with AWS, such as EC2, SES, SQS, SNS, IAM, S3, CloudFront, RDS, DynamoDB and other Amazon managed services.
- 2+ years of experience implementing SPAs, preferably using AngularJS
- 2+ years of experience implementing cloud API backend solutions using Java
- Experience using JPA
- Experience with Elastic Load Balancers
- Experience with AWS API Gateway
- Experience with AWS Route53 and AWS WAF
Location: One cool thing about EMITTI? We look for the best people. We are not limited by geographical location. Our team functions as a distributed team with headquarters in Dayton, Ohio. However, we have people located in various parts of the country - and even in other parts of the world. We keep primarily East Coast working hours, but utilize Skype to keep the team in the loop. So if you aren't in Ohio, don't let that limit you.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and any of the following that are applicable:
- linkedin page
- github profile
- twitter handle
- blog url
Basically, anything that helps us learn more about what makes you tick.
In your email, tell us a bit about the work you're most proud of, excited about, and what you'd like to accomplish next. Contact us at email@example.com
If you are interviewed, be prepared to show some example code.