We think what we do is pretty cool.
EMITTI is all about involvement, inspiration, and integration. We hope you are too. In case you haven't figured it out, EMITTI does cloud, mobile, web, and Internet of Things.
Right now, we are hunting for a Java developer. Our ideal person has the passion and commitment to create incredible products while continually thinking "outside of the box" .
Technical skills utilized: Java, Maven, AWS, Linux, Eclipse
Required Skills Include:
• You know how to develop. You're confident. You're pretty darn good at Java programming, in fact.
• When you make a decision (which you'll do a lot of), you can articulate the"why"behind it. You can even defend it, if necessary.
• You'll need to convince, to disagree confidently, take and give straightforward criticism
• Talking to the client? That's easy!
• Got an idea on how to improve a concept or an enhancement? Don't keep it quiet. You're part of the team and we want your input.
• Deadlines? You've got them down. You know how to get the work done within the timeframe you committed to. A late night here and there isn't so bad - you may even do your best work between 2AM and 6AM.
• Extremely detail oriented and passionate about putting out the absolute best work
• You know a lot of different languages, development applications and environments. In fact, you want to learn more. Why stop now?
• Cloud solutions using Java development language
• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Databases? Pssht. They don't scare you. Hah, they are actually fun. You've used something like PostgreSQL, MySql, Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc.
• We develop fast. I mean, really fast. Agile lets us do that. Hopefully, you've worked with it.
• Experience using source code control systems, such as Git, Subversion, or CVS. Don't really care which - just don't want you to overwrite someone else's code.
• Mobile Development (Android/iOS)
• Linux (Ubuntu)
• Understanding of Web Standards, Accessibility, and command of markup (XHTML, HTML5)
Location: One cool thing about EMITTI? We look for the best people. We are not limited by geographical location. Our team functions as a distributed team with headquarters in Dayton, Ohio. However, we have people located in various parts of the country - and even in other parts of the world. We keep primarily East Coast working hours, but utilize Skype to keep the team in the loop. So if you aren't in Ohio, don't let that limit you.
You are a nerd. Let's face it - everyone working at EMITTI is a nerd in some way, shape or form. You probably love reading and learning about current trends.
We'd like a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.
And hey, if you are really good at what you do, students will be considered.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and any of the following that are applicable:
• linkedin page
• github profile
• twitter handle
• blog url
Contact us: email@example.com